Home Forums News & Announcements IAAO – Volunteer to be on a committee or task force! Reply To: IAAO – Volunteer to be on a committee or task force!

Daniel Ducharme, Ph.D.
Keymaster

Just wanted to give everyone a reminder that if you are interested, you have until next Thursday, October 6th, to volunteer for a committee and/or task force. Those interested in volunteering should visit the IAAO Volunteer page to apply (https://connect.iaao.org/volunteeropportunities/volunteeroverview).

IAAO recently updated the volunteer application process this year to better match members’ interests with IAAO committees and task forces. IAAO had seven standing committees (Education, Ethics, Finance, Governance, Nominating, Professional Development, and Research and Standards) and approximately 30 task forces in 2022.

Members can apply to multiple committee opportunities and also may apply for the 2023 Open Call to improve their chances of being selected to serve. IAAO usually receives more applications than there are volunteer opportunities but encourages all interested members to apply.

Current 2022 volunteers interested in continuing to serve in 2023 must re-apply. You must be logged in to complete your application.

I have volunteered this year for both the Open Call and the Research and Standards committee, and while the past three (3) years in which I have volunteered have been abnormal with COVID, I am happy to answer any questions people may have about volunteering with the IAAO.