Home Forums Office Policy E-911

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Are any assessors out there responsible for assigning street addresses?
    Thank you!

Chris Celeste
    Keymaster

We do not assign addresses in Smithfield, we assign a parcel ID and send out for an E-911 address.

Christine Brochu
    Participant

Yes, I am the 911 coordinator for Jamestown. So I assign the street number.

Michelle DiMeo
    Participant

I assign the street addresses for Bristol

Dave Thompson
    Participant

Westerly has a 911 coordinator who provides addresses.

Ken Swain
    Participant

Not in CHARLESTOWN

By Town Charter, the Town Planner is required to assign property address:

Chapter 93. Buildings, Numbering of:
    § 93-3. Administration; official records.
    A. This building and lot numbering system shall be administered by the Town Planner, who shall assign building numbers to all residential, commercial and industrial structures and lots in conformity with the plan developed pursuant to this chapter.
    B. The Town Planner shall also be responsible for maintaining the following official records of this numbering system:
    (1) A town map for official use, showing said numbering system.
    (2) A townwide alphabetical list of property owners by last name, showing the assigned numbers.
    (3) A townwide alphabetical list of street names, with property owners listed in order of their assigned numbers.

Robert Burns
    Participant

In Pawtucket the City Engineer assigns the location addresses. We change mailing addresses

Jen Mooney
    Participant

In Burrillville, the Town Clerk is responsible for assigning new house numbers.

Chelsea Romano
    Participant

I am the E911 coordinator for East Greenwich so I assign street and parcel numbers but planning department usually assigns the street names during that recording process. My office sends out an official declaration notice to DPW/Planning/E911/KCWA/Post Office/Town Clerk/Police and Fire whenever I assign a new parcel/street address.

Salvatore Saccoccio
    Participant

Its the WWFD that does the work

Deb Garneau
    Participant

I assign for all existing streets and verify with the Fire Marshall. For new subdivisions, the engineering department with approval from the Fire Marshall assigns the numbers.

I am also responsible for sending this information to E-911 and the US Postal Service as well as several departments: building, planning, engineering, town clerk, water, etc.

Erin Jacobs
    Participant

The Fire Marshal assigns street #’s in Narragansett

Denise Cosgrove
    Participant

Yes I am the E-911 Liaison for street numbers. I work closely with the Fire Chief.

David Robert
    Participant

Fire Marshall in Tiverton assigns street numbers. New street names are approved by Planning Board.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.