Home Forums Legislation Veteran Exemption Amended Statute

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

As you all are aware, the veteran exemption statute was amended last year to include more dates during the cold war. I recently received a message through the RIAAO contact page from State Representative Camille Vella-Wilkinson regarding a concern that some municipalities are not properly applying the exemption. Her message is as follows:

“The RI General Assembly passed a law in 2021 regarding property tax exemptions for Cold War Veterans that is not being uniformly applied by RI municipalities. The Speaker of the House recommended I contact you to have a notice sent to all RI towns and cities directing compliance with the new law.”

I responded and let her know I would get this message out to the members. I also suggested she call me to discuss any specifics. I will update this post if/when I hear back from her.

Sarah Frew
    Participant

Chris, Do we know what is not being done properly? Is it some communities are now recognizing the amendment to the law?

Chris Celeste
    Keymaster

I did respond to Rep Vella-Wilkinson and asked if she would like to discuss specifics with me. I have not heard back, but if/when I do, I will post here.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.